How do I contact animal control?

The City of Goodlettsville does not offer animal control services, but below are some helpful numbers to call who do. 

  • Metro Animal Control Services (dog catcher): (615) 862-7928 
  • Metro Pest Management (mosquito control): (615) 340-5668 
  • Nashville Humane Association: (615) 352-1010 
  • Sumner County: Sumner County Animal Control (615) 452-2400 
  • Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency: Does not pick up animals. 
  • Tennessee Department of Transportation will pick up all animals on State-maintained highways only. In Goodlettsville, this pertains to Dickerson Road, Long Hollow Pike, US Highway 31 and US Highway 41. For Davidson County call (615) 350-4400 or for Sumner County call (615) 451-5822. 

Surrounding Animal Shelters and Animal Control Centers:

  •  Cheatham County Animal Control: (615) 792-3647 
  • Humane Alliance Animal Shelter Murfreesboro: (615) 907-7093 
  • Humane Association of Wilson County: (615) 444-1144 
  • Wilson County Animal Control: (615) 444-9775 
  • Robertson County Animal Control: (615) 384-5611

Show All Answers

1. What services do the Public Works Department provide?
2. Where is your facility located?
3. What facilities does the Public Works Department include?
4. How do I get trash pick-up started at my residence?
5. How do I get trash pick-up started at my place of business?
6. Why do I have to pay a $75 per container set-up fee if there is already a City of Goodlettsville trash receptacle at my residence?
7. What are the current sanitation fees?
8. I put my container out this morning, but it was not emptied. What do I do?
9. When is garbage collected?
10. My container has been damaged. What do I do?
11. Whom do I contact about having limbs and brush chipped?
12. A professional tree trimming company has worked in my yard. What do I do with the yard waste?
13. What do I do with items I can recycle?
14. How do I get bulk items picked up?
15. Whom do I call to dispose of a dead animal?
16. How do I contact animal control?