Davidson County Permit Requirements

What To Do 

  1. If your project is located within Davidson County, you will first obtain a building permit from the City of Goodlettsville Building and Codes Department. The Goodlettsville Building and Codes Department will do the building and fire inspections on your project.
  2. After obtaining a building permit from the City of Goodlettsville, you will then obtain your plumbing, gas / mechanical, and electrical permits from the Metro Nashville Codes Department. They will inspect each of these areas both rough-in and on final.
  3. The City of Goodlettsville will not issue a certificate of occupancy until all Metro permits have their final inspection completed.


Metro Nashville Codes
Phone: (615) 862-6500

Goodlettsville Codes and Building Safety
Phone: (615) 851-3741